Little things count in relationships -- just think back to
your last argument with your spouse. Chances are it was over
a mundane, little thing. Meanwhile, most people can instinctively
rattle off at least a few (but probably many) little things
their mate does that drives them crazy.
Rekindling the romance in your relationship can be
as simple as telling your partner that you love him
But just as those negative little things can drive a wedge
between even the most well-intentioned couple, positive little
things can have the opposite effect and bring the two of you
closer than ever.
There is great value in marriage or in a romantic relationship
of going out of your way or doing something out of the ordinary
for your significant other. Of course, it is these little
things that are also the easiest to forget to do as you become
increasingly comfortable with one another.
"When a couple first gets together," says relationship
psychotherapist Paula Hall, "they instinctively prioritize
their relationship. But as time goes by and life gets busier
with work and children, time together often slips down the
list of priorities ... Making such time for each other
may mean sacrificing other activities, but remember it's an
investment in your future happiness."
Put the Intimacy Back in Your Relationship
If you find that your relationship is not what is was when
you first met, think about what has changed. Have you begun
to take your partner for granted? Are you no longer doing
those little things for him or her?
Trying out some of the little things below will let your
significant other know how much you care. Everyone can use
to do a few more of these -- even if your relationship is
great! The best part is, many of these things take only minutes
a day to do, so everyone can take part.
25 BIG Little Things to do for Your Loved One
1. If it has been a month or perhaps for some a decade or
more since you told your spouse why you love them, surprise
them with a compliment! Simple but very powerful!
2. Leave a little love note in your loved one's briefcase,
purse or lunch.
3. Guys, put the toilet seat down.
4. Give your spouse a 15-minute scalp massage.
Surprising your spouse by making breakfast is an easy
way to let him or her know you care.
5. Offer to do a chore that he or she normally does.
6. Blow your loved one a kiss, or give him or her a wink,
as you're walking out the door.
7. Say "I love you" when they LEAST expect it.
8. Request a special song for him or her on the radio.
9. Plan an evening out for just the two of you.
10. Change the toilet paper roll when it's empty.
11. If your Saturday nights have been involving sweat suits
and pizza for too long, surprise him or her by taking the
time to get dressed up.
12. Preserve some mystery and romance in your relationship
by closing the bathroom door when appropriate.
13. Offer to warm up your partner's car when it's cold outside.
14. Treat your loved one to a professional
15. Bring home some coffee and a fresh fruit plate (or whatever
breakfast treats you enjoy) one morning while your partner
is still sleeping.
16. Acknowledge the things your partner does for you.
17. Pick up your loved one's favorite snack food the next
time you're at the grocery store.
18. Take the kids to a movie so your spouse can relax in
the tub/go to a yoga class/watch a football game.
19. Create a new tradition together. This can be something
as simple as taking a walk together to get coffee on Saturday
mornings, ordering Thai food on Sunday nights, or taking the
dog for a walk together after work.
20. Turn off the TV for a night and ask your partner about
his or her day/dreams/concerns.
21. Write a list of what you love about your partner and
tape it to the bathroom mirror before you leave for work.
22. If you know that something you do bothers your spouse,
don't do it. For instance, if leaving your dirty clothes next
to the hamper (instead of in it) annoys your mate, make an
effort to put your clothes inside.
23. Stop at the video store on your way home one night and
surprise your loved one with a movie that he or she has been
wanting to see (even if you'd really rather not).
24. Clear the clutter out of your bedroom, garage, basement
or kitchen counter -- without expecting anything in return.
25. Do something out of the ordinary. This can be something
simple, like getting home early from work to have dinner together
or getting up early with your mate (even when you don't have
to), but it can a have big effect on your relationship.
Ways to Remind Your Special Other of How Much You Love Them
do You Know You are Really in Love with Someone?
of Successful Relationships
Ways to Have Fun