Six Foods to Boost Your Libido,
Plus Four Other Surprising Sex Facts
Most couples desire a healthy sex life, but to get there numerous aspects of your personal and interpersonal well-being must all come together, and this is not always easy to accomplish. Ideally, couples whose sex life is fulfilling:
Couples with fulfilling sex lives tend to have strong relationships and confidence in themselves physically and mentally.
Feel good about themselves physically and mentally
Have a strong relationship
Communicate with each other about their sexual needs and preferences
Unfortunately, these factors are not coming together for many couples, because between 40 percent and 50 percent of U.S. women -- and 20 percent to 25 percent of U.S. men -- have a low sex drive. This is often the result of:
Stress, anxiety or depression
Lack of connection with your partner
Unresolved conflicts with your partner
History of physical or sexual abuse
Physical problems or fatigue
Menopause, pregnancy or breastfeeding
There are many natural methods that can help to restore your sex drive by addressing these underlying reasons why it's not what it used to be, and we’ve outlined eight of them in this past article.
But did you know boosting your libido may be as simple as adding a few precise foods to your diet?
Healthy Foods to Increase Your Virility
A healthy diet -- one full of fruits and veggies, lean proteins and whole grains -- is necessary for your body to function properly on every level. But beyond that, the following foods specifically may be great for your libido:
Women, Want to Enhance Your Sexual Libido Naturally?
Renaissance Natural Progesterone Cream is one of the ONLY progesterone creams on the market containing 100% pure micronized USP progesterone powder in a topical cream. Only USP progesterone powder is bio-identical to the naturally occurring progesterone in your body.
Women taking Renaissance natural progesterone cream can experience:
- Less female discomfort
- Increased vitality
- Emotional balance
- Reduced sleep disturbance
- Improved sexual libido
Learn More About Renaissance Natural Progesterone Cream Now!
Pomegranate juice: New research on animals shows it may reduce the risk of erectile dysfunction.
Oatmeal: Eating oats helps to produce a chemical that releases testosterone in your body, which may help increase your sex drive and orgasm strength.
Honey: The B vitamins in honey also boost testosterone production, while boron in honey helps your body use estrogen, which is important for arousal.
Eggs: Aside from being a symbol of fertility, eggs are high in vitamins B6 and B5, which may help your libido by balancing hormone levels and fighting stress.
Bananas: They contain an enzyme called bromelain, which may help increase libido and even reverse impotence in men.
Celery: Celery contains androsterone, a hormone released in men’s sweat that's said to be a turn-on for women.
Four More Sex Facts You Likely Never Knew
While we’re on the topic, let’s clear up some confusion and set the record straight on some common sexual beliefs.
- Intimacy wanes as you get older. Not so fast! While it's true that intimacy does decrease slightly when you reach your 70s and beyond, it does not disappear. In fact, the frequency of seniors' sex lives is based on the same things as younger people's -- with lack of a partner or health issues among the two most prominent reasons for a slow down.
- Men have more sex dreams than women. Not true! Women have just as many sex dreams as men. What varies, however, is WHAT men and women dream about, sexually speaking.
- Overweight people have less sex than skinny people. Actually, the opposite is true. A 2008 study in Obstetrics and Gynecology found overweight women have more sexual encounters than average-weight women.
- Taking a “virginity pledge” means a teen is more likely to wait until marriage. Not so, according to an analysis by The National Longitudinal Study on Adolescent Health. The analysis found that those who promise to remain virgins until after marriage are just as likely to have premarital sex as those who do not take a pledge, and they’re also less likely to use condoms or other contraceptives when doing so. (All the more reason to talk to your kids about sex early on.)
Research Proves a Healthy Sex Life is Good for You
Assuming it is done with a partner you can trust, and no sexually transmitted diseases are involved, the benefits of sexual relations include:
- Relief from depression and stress
- Reduce risk of heart disease
- Pain relief
- A strong immune system
- A reduced risk of prostate cancer
Women, if you’d like to get in on some of these benefits but your sex drive is low you can try Renaissance Natural Progesterone Cream -- one of the ONLY progesterone creams on the market containing 100% pure micronized USP progesterone powder in a topical cream -- to improve your sexual libido.
Further, two of the BEST ways to improve your sex life, for both men and women, are the simple lifestyle habits of exercise and stress management. This is good news as staying intimate may be one of the best things you can do for your health and your relationship.
The Intimate Lives of the Post-Reproductives: New Research Provides an Interesting Inside Peek
Daryl Hannah, Sex Slaves & the New Global Sex Trade
FoxNews.com February 26, 2009
RedOrbit.com February 16, 2008
AskMen.com 11 Foods to Increase Libido
MSN Health & Fitness: Seven Foods to Power Your Libido